1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Colorado Proud Shopping Giveaway (the “Contest”) is open to Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, New Mexico and South Dakota residents, 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Multimedia Holdings Corporation, d.b.a. Gannett Colorado Broadcasting, Inc. KUSA-TV/KTVD-TV, Gannett Co., Inc., the Colorado Department of Agriculture and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and other agents, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees, are not eligible.
3. Entry. The Contest will begin at 9:00a.m. (M.S.T.) on July 1, 2009 and all entries must be received by 9:00 a.m. (M.S.T.) on September 30, 2009 (the “Contest Period”).
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting the Colorado Proud Shopping Giveaway official registration page on the 9NEWS.com website at www.9news.com and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button.
You may enter the Contest as often as you like but only one (1) prize per person.
Multimedia Holdings Corporation, d.b.a. Gannett Colorado Broadcasting, Inc. KUSA-TV/KTVD-TV and the Colorado Department of Agriculture (collectively referred to as “Sponsor”), will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For theses purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Prizes and Odds. Twelve (12) First Prize Winners (four winners each month for three months) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries to be held on or about August 9, 2009, September 9, 2009 and October 9, 2009. First Prize: Twelve (12) First Prize Winners will receive a $100 Safeway gift certificate (retail value $100). Normal household product quantity restrictions apply for items purchased with this prize. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries to be held on or about October 9, 2009. Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive fifty-two $100 Safeway gift certificates (retail value $5,200). Normal household product quantity restrictions apply for items purchased with this prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about August 9, 2009, September 9, 2009 and October 9, 2009. Return of prize notification as undeliverable or no response within 3 days may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For prize winners list (available after October 31, 2008), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 9NEWS, 500 Speer Boulevard, Denver, CO 80203, Attn: Jenny Ruud, VP/Business Manager.
6. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
7. Limitations of Liability. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Colorado, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Colorado. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the valid or enforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, contestants release Multimedia Holdings Corporation, d.b.a. Gannett Colorado Broadcasting, Inc. KUSA-TV/KTVD-TV, Gannett Co., Inc., the Colorado Department of Agriculture, and any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
10. Sponsor. The Colorado Proud Shopping Giveaway is sponsored by Multimedia Holdings Corporation, d.b.a. Gannett Colorado Broadcasting, Inc. KUSA-TV/KTVD-TV, Gannett Co., Inc. and the Colorado Department of Agriculture, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Jenny Ruud at firstname.lastname@example.org.