Hoda chronicles six stories of personal transformation. She features people who have not only survived hardship but have turned it into something positive.
- Amy Barnes, who escaped an abusive relationship, lost an astounding 340 pounds, and now encourages woman to cultivate their emotional and physical strength
- Lindsay Beck, who survived a rare and devastating cancer in her early twenties and founded Fertile Hope to address reproductive preservation for cancer patients
- Patrick Weiland, a wunderkind producer who won a Peabody at 22 and later spiraled into drug addiction after an HIV diagnosis, and now embraces his second chance
- Diane Van Deren, who voluntarily underwent brain surgery in the hopes of curing her incapacitating epilepsy, and survived to become an elite competitor in ultra-marathons
- Ron Clifford, a civilian hero of September 11th who learned that his sister and niece were passengers on Flight 175, and moves beyond his grief to live his life in their honor
- Roxanne Quimby, whose decision to pursue an art degree and back-to-nature lifestyle created a decades-long estrangement with her father, a Harvard MBA, and who goes on to build the multi-million dollar company Burt's Bees.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)