Crunchy Fruity Coleslaw
Pick up a bag of shredded cabbage for effortless preparation of this vibrant salad with a mixture of sweet and savory ingredients in a sweet vinaigrette. Whenever I make coleslaw, it is always for a crowd, and this recipe feeds them all.
Makes 10-12 servings
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup Nakano roasted garlic seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. In large bowl, combine green and red cabbage, red pepper, apricots, corn, green onions, almonds, and sesame seeds.
2. In small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Toss dressing with salad, mixing well.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 118, Calories from fat (%) 34, Fat (g) 5, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 0, Sodium (mg) 18, Carbohydrate (g) 18, Dietary Fiber (g) 3, Sugars (g) 10, Protein (g) 2, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 carbohydrate, 1 fat
Double Roasted Potato Salad
A tasty roasted potato assortment. Try simply serving the roasted potatoes alone as a side!
Makes 12 heaping (1/2-cup) servings
- 4 cups peeled sweet potato (yam) chunks
- 2 cups unpeeled red potato chunks
- 2 cups unpeeled Yukon Gold potato chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, or line with foil.
2. On prepared pan, toss together all pota¬toes with olive oil, rosemary, cumin, and ginger. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and light brown. Cool and transfer to large bowl. Add celery and green onions.
3. In small bowl, combine remaining ingre¬dients. Toss with potatoes. Refrigerate, if not serving within 2 hours,
Nutritional information per serving Calories 120 | Calories from fat 30% | Fat 4 g Saturated Fat 1 g | Cholesterol 2 mg | Sodium 103 mg Carbohydrate 19 g | Dietary Fiber 3 g | Sugars 3 g | Protein 2 g Diabetic Exchanges1 1/2 starch | 1/2 fat
All recipes are from the Holly Clegg trim &TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook. For more information visit www.hollyclegg.com.
(KUSA-TV © 2010 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)