Below are a sample of some of the recipes shown on 9NEWS:
- 1 tablespooon of loosely chopped fresh spinach or kale
or 1 cube of frozen spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh or frozen Strawberries
- 14 cup of chopped banana
- 1 teaspoon of flax meal
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk, or Soy Milk
Yum-O Chicken Nuggets:
- 3/4 lb organic ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced(
- 1 small apple, peeled and grated (just switch to the grater attachment on your processor)
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled well
- 1/4 or more cups of frozen spinach, crumbled
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- canola oil or olive oil for frying (canola oil can take higher heats)
1. Combine first five ingredients in bowl. Mix together with your hands or spoon. Shape into small patties.
2. Put bread crumbs in a shallow dish and press the pieces into the coating.
3. Heat enough oil for shallow frying in large frying pan. Add nuggets and cook about 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until light golden and cooked through.
4. Suitable for freezing- they will be mushy if you microwave them so consider letting them defrost in fridge and then heating them up stove top. Or, you could throw a few in the oven or toaster oven at 375 until crispy again.
Happy Hummus Dip:
- 1 roasted red bell pepper- optional- (we use jarred, but you can roast your own)
- 1 can cooked low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini OR plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 T olive oil, or more if needed
- 1/2 t cumin
- lemon juice, to taste
Makes 2 1/2 cups.
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the chickpeas, the roasted pepper, yogurt/tahini, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and cumin.
2. Process until smooth. Add olive oil as desired for smoother consistency.
Creamy Artichoke Dip:
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 T chopped fresh flat-;leaf parsley
- 2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Rinse and drain artichoke hearts.
2. In food processor or blender, combine the artichokes, green onions, cream cheese, parsley, and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Process to smooth puree. Season with lemon juice to taste.
3. Serve with veggies or sliced bread for dipping. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days.
For more infomation visit http://mishmashhomemade.com/index.cfm
(KUSA-TV © 2010 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)