RACE FOR THE CURE
From about 4 a.m. until 11 a.m. on Sunday, the following streets will be closed:
- Auraria Parkway from Interstate 25 to 14th Street
- Speer Boulevard from Larimer Street to Federal Boulevard
- 29th Avenue from Zuni Street to Hazel Court
- Federal between 32nd and 14th avenues
- Colfax between Irving and Kalamath streets
- 15th Street between Delgany and Market streets
- All ramps at Colfax and Federal, Colfax and Auraria, I-25 and Colfax and I-25 and Speer.
RTD is providing direct bus service and additional light rail service to the race.
Direct bus service will be provided from five park-n-Rides on Sunday to the Pepsi Center drop-off location at 15th and Wewatta Streets from 6 a.m. - 8:40 a.m.
Parking fees may apply at Park-n-Rides.
Return bus trips will leave from Lot B at the Pepsi Center when each bus fills. The last return bus trip will leave at noon.
RTD's light rail lines C and E stop at the Pepsi Center Light Rail Station. The C line does not normally operate on weekends, but special C, E and H line service will be available race day Sunday, October 2 starting at 5 a.m. and will have 15 minute service until noon.
Light rail fares are determined by the number of zones in which a passenger travels for each one-way trip.
Because of the race on Sunday, RTD will experience temporary detours on some of its regular bus routes due to street closures.
The race will begin at the Pepsi Center northbound on Speer, then head southbound on Federal Boulevard, then eastbound on Colfax, then to Auraria Parkway, and finish at 7th Street.
For more information, visit RTD's website at http://www.rtd-denver.com/RaceCure.shtml.
(KUSA-TV © 2011 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)