Walls of Greyhound Park begin to come down

6:30 PM, Nov 10, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

It took just a few minutes to start bringing down the walls of Mile High Greyhound Park, a staple in the city for more than 60 years.

Mile High Greyhound Park opened in 1946 and brought thousands of people out to bet on the dog races.

But after the races stopped in 2008, the building sat dormant and the activity in the area slowed way down. 

The city decided to tear it down and in its place build something they hope will bring life into the area once again.

The plans for the area are still in the works, but as of now they plan on building a new Boys and Girls Club on the 65-acre property as well as multi-family housing, family dining and retail shops.

The demolition will be complete by the spring of next year.

(KUSA-TV © 2012 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Most Watched Videos