LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) - A fire official says it appears there were two fires in a Longmont-area mobile home whose resident died of injuries from the second blaze.
The Longmont Daily Times-Call reports 68-year-old Margaret Bridwell died Thursday after being pulled from her burning mobile home Monday night.
Steve Pischke of Mountain View Fire Rescue said Friday that investigators believe a space heater initially ignited combustible materials in a bedroom. Pischke says it appears Bridwell tried to put out the fire and took the burned material and a carbon monoxide detector, with its batteries removed, outside.
Pischke says it appears items that might not have been fully extinguished may have then led to a second fire that overwhelmed Bridwell with smoke.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)