LIVE VIDEO: 9NEWS Live at Noon    Watch

Mobile home resident dies of injuries from fire

8:27 PM, Feb 22, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) - A fire official says it appears there were two fires in a Longmont-area mobile home whose resident died of injuries from the second blaze.

The Longmont Daily Times-Call reports 68-year-old Margaret Bridwell died Thursday after being pulled from her burning mobile home Monday night.

Steve Pischke of Mountain View Fire Rescue said Friday that investigators believe a space heater initially ignited combustible materials in a bedroom. Pischke says it appears Bridwell tried to put out the fire and took the burned material and a carbon monoxide detector, with its batteries removed, outside.

Pischke says it appears items that might not have been fully extinguished may have then led to a second fire that overwhelmed Bridwell with smoke.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Most Watched Videos