PARIS (AP) - A Jack Russell terrier has survived after being poisoned and buried alive - and he can thank the man who saw the ground wiggle.
Ethan had a whole chain of saviors: the man who dug him up, firefighters and a veterinarian who nursed him back to life.
Sabrina Zamora, president of an animal association in Charleville-Mezieres, 200 kilometers (125 miles) north of Paris, said Friday the little dog was "flat as a pancake" Tuesday when he was dug up from his grave.
Veterinarian Philippe Michon called the rescue "miraculous" - saying that Ethan's cold body was so compressed from being buried it was hard to find a vein to hydrate him.
Ethan was identified through a microchip that showed all this happened on his third birthday.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)