The joint Denver Police/ATF investigation centered on "crime guns" and drugs in Denver, sources told 9Wants to Know.
These guns are thought to have been used in crimes or would have likely been used in crimes.
Most of the suspects face state charges. Five face federal charges.
The arrests were made smoothly, 9NEWS confirmed.
One of the locations where police visited Friday morning was near 28th Avenue and Pontiac Street in Denver.
Police and federal agents started serving arrest warrants and several search warrants at 6 a.m. Thursday.
Those charged by a federal grand jury include:
- Kenneth Greenwood, age 37, of Denver, who faces two counts of being a felon in possession of a firearm and three counts of possession of cocaine base with intent to distribute.
- Marcus Donte Thomas, age 29, of Denver, who faces two counts of being a felon in possession of a firearm and one count of possession of cocaine base with intent to distribute.
- Christopher Randell Wilburn, age 37, of Denver, who faces one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Phillip Dante Dilosa, age 35, of Denver, who faces one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Terry Barlow, age 45, of Denver, who faces distribution of cocaine base and being a felon in possession of a firearm
Those charged by state authorities include:
- Jesse Oliver, born 11-06-1982, of Denver
- Latisha Maxey, born 12/01/1979, of Denver
- Angel Palomino, born 12/26/1990, of Denver
- Kristiana Romero, born 04/13/1973, of Denver
- Turell Johnson, born 04/18/1993, of Denver
- George McClain, born 02/09/1951, of Denver
- Carmaine Key, born 03/31/1975, of Denver
- Kenneth Watkins, born 03/23/1981, of Denver
- Kari Watson-Frazier, born 01/24/1984, of Denver
- Fred Salazar, born 11/24/1971, of Denver
- Lavelle Davis, born 10/04/1973
- Christopher Hale, born 09/16/1973
Have a comment or tip for investigative reporter Jace Larson? Call him at 303-871-1432 or e-mail him
Blog and Bio
(KUSA-TV © 2012 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)