USA TODAY - Following an engagement, a breakup, a baby, and a re-engagement via text message, it appears that Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler and ex-reality star fiancee Kristin Cavallari have finally set a wedding date. Sleuths at DNAInfo.com have uncovered two public wedding registries allegedly created by Cavallari and Cutler, both listing a July 13, 2013 date for their nuptials.
Should you be so inclined to purchase the couple a gift, check out the registries at Crate and Barrel and Williams-Sonoma. The lists include a lot of standard wedding fare, like a useful panini press and a yellow Kitchen-Aid mixer. However, buried among these erstwhile classics are some pretty strange selections. Here are five highlights:
1. Cuisipro Cupcake Corer, $5. Apparently this is a device whose only use is to cut out the center of a cupcake in order to insert your choice of filling.
2. Rosle Apple Slicer, $34. These little things are actually a lot more useful than they look, especially for parents of a toddler. However, 34 bucks?! Are the apples included?
3. Shun Fish Tweezers, $49.95. Like the apple slicer above, we suspect that fish tweezers are actually a pretty handy cooking tool. But it's one of those phrases that just keeps getting funnier every time you say it. Fish tweezers. Fish tweezers. Fish tweezers. Fish tweezers.
4. Marin White Chip and Dip, $29.95. Admittedly, this is a more attractive chip and dip than the one Pete Campbell decried on Mad Men. But it's still a chip and dip.
5. Apilco Tuileries Cereal Bowls, Set of 4, $80. Sure, $20 seems a bit steep for a plain white cereal bowl. But the stranger part is that 32 (THIRTY-TWO) of them are requested on the registry. There's also a request for 48 dessert plates (for the cored cupcakes, perhaps?) and 24 soup bowls (which are somehow different from cereal bowls). The only plausible explanation: An epic Bears team chili cookoff is in store for this offseason. We'll take Brian Urlacher for the win.
(Copyright © 2013 USA TODAY)