FORT LUPTON - A plume of smoke rose into the air just before noon Wednesday in Ft. Lupton. With it, a family's "dream home" went up in flames.
"The corner of the garage was on fire, and within about 10 seconds, the whole thing just enveloped into a 30-foot ball of flame," David Shennun said.
Shennun was inside of the family home, which did not burn, when his wife saw firefighters near their garage.
Inside that expansive garage was a pool, a brand new Subaru and music recording equipment.
"I'm still kind of in shock. It's unbelievable. I can't believe that it happened," Shennun said.
The smoke drew onlookers as it rose to the sky.
"There was just flames raging out of the roof," Damen Lippold said. "It felt like the middle of the summer. It almost felt like a blowtorch was blowing on you."
Nobody was injured in Wednesday's blaze. Shennun says he's grateful for that, and for the home he and his wife still have.
But the total loss represents years of progress, burned in just minutes.
"It's unreal, is what it is. It's just unreal," Shennun said.
Firefighters say the fire does not appear suspicious.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)