DENVER - Highway closures continue in areas of Denver, portions of northern Colorado and points west of the Front Range Saturday due to flooding, and rock and mudslides.
EDITOR'S NOTE: If drivers wish to know about localized road closures, they need to go to the city's websites, as the road situations are changing minute-by-minute.
Check with COTrip.org for more closures
Due to the amount of saturation and possible unstable conditions of state highways, the Colorado Department of Transportation advises motorists to avoid travel unless absolutely necessary in the following counties: Boulder, Larimer, Weld, Jefferson, Clear Creek and Gilpin.
Weather and flooding in these counties will continue to impact roadways. Additionally, while a roadway may appear passable, those near water flow may have damage that may not be apparent. Many highways and bridges will remain closed as a precaution until crews are able to evaluate whether or not they are safe for use.
The following roadways are closed to traffic (both directions unless noted):
- I-25 northbound and southbound reduced two three lanes at Castle Pines Parkway through Ridgegate Parkway
- I-25 northbound at Highway 119
- I-70 eastbound off-ramp to Quebec Street
- I-70 eastbound and westbound at I-76 to I-25
- U.S. 34 eastbound and westbound between Glade Road and Estes Park
- U.S. 34 eastbound and westbound from Greeley to I-76
- U.S. 36 eastbound and westbound from Boulder to Estes Park
- U.S. 85 northbound and southbound from 37th Street to CO 52
- US 287 northbound and southbound from Isabella Road to CO Highway 52
- U.S. 287 northbound and southbound at the Big Thompson River in Loveland
- CO 7 northbound and southbound between Lyons and Estes Park
- CO 14 eastbound and westbound from Walden to Teds Place
- CO 60 eastbound and westbound at Weld County Road 46
- CO 66 eastbound and westbound between 53rd Street and Lyons
- CO 66 eastbound and westbound between CR 13 and CR 19
- CO 72 northbound and southbound between 72nd and 80th avenues
- CO 72 eastbound and westbound at Coal Creek Canyon
- CO 83 northbound and southbound at Parker Road from Jewell to Florida avenues
- CO 119 eastbound and westbound at Boulder Canyon
- CO 119 northbound and southbound at Bounty Line Road to I-25
- CO 144 eastbound and westbound at CO Highway 39 to U.S. 34
- CO 170 eastbound and westbound at CO highway 93 to El Dorado Canyon State Park
- CO 257 northbound and southbound from CO Highway 60 in Milliken to U.S. 34
- CO 392 eastbound and westbound from Larimer County Road 5 to 17th Street
Contact 511 for complete closure information or CDOT Mobile.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)