KUSA - Several businesses and organizations host safe trick-or-treat options. Here is a list of a few of the events happening around the metro area Halloween night.
- Old South Gaylord Halloween Safe Street, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Pet parade & pet costume contest (4 p.m.), Trick-or-treating all afternoon. Kids costume contest (6 p.m.) Monster dancing, music, candy, food trucks, and prizes. 1000 block of S. Gaylord between Mississippi & Tennessee. (South Gaylord will be closed to traffic during the event.)
- Munchkin Masquerade, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Trick-or-treating on Boulder's Pearl Street Mall (11th to 15th Sts.) rain or shine. Tiny ghosts & goblins, fairies & wizards, super heroes and more.
- Halloween at District Six, Denver. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Annual Denver Police Department Halloween party. Tons of treats, hang out with McGruff (the crime-fighting dog), visit the "Boo Bus" and check out fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, police horses and more. No public parking, so carpool and only park where allowed in the surrounding neighborhood.
- District Two & District Five Halloween Party & Haunted House, Denver. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Annual Denver Police Halloween party at the Denver Police Academy for kids ages 0 to 12 (with parent/guardian). Trick-or-treating and arcade games. 2155 Akron Way, 720-913-1100.
- Golden Halloween Crazy Days, Golden. 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Golden's children are invited to trick-or-treat with the downtown merchants. Come downtown after school, show off your costume, and visit downtown stores.
- Monster Mash, Littleton. 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Southwest Plaza hosts crafts, games and face painting. Trick-or-treating starts at 5 p.m. 8501 W. Bowles, Littleton.
If you know of any other organized events like these, please add information in the comments on this article.
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)