SACO, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - A family has a lot to be thankful for this holiday season, after a daughter performed life-saving first aid on her mother.
Tobee and Victoria Labbe were about to leave the house Thursday night when Tobee began choking on a piece of candy. Victoria remembered learning the Heimlich Maneuver in school last year and sprang into action. She successfully dislodged the piece of candy so her mother could breathe again.
"I didn't necessarily want to place my 13-year-old daughter in that position to do that," Tobee Labbe said. "But she stepped up and she did it."
Copyright ©2013 Pacific and Southern Company, Inc.. All rights reserved.