LIVE VIDEO: 9NEWS Evening Newscast    Watch
 

Dog blamed for starting house fire

2:11 PM, Dec 16, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. - We've all heard of the dog eating the homework, but in Johnstown, Pa., the dog is being blamed for starting a fire early Monday morning.

Johnstown fire crews were called out to battle a house fire shortly after midnight. According to the township's fire chief, the dog knocked over a kerosene heater catching a chair on fire in the living room.

Fortunately, everyone in the house, including the dog got out safely.

The fire chief says the homeowner even helped minimize the damage by shutting up all the doors and windows.

(Copyright © 2013 NBC Universal, All Rights Reserved)

Most Watched Videos