DENVER - Tailgating is serious business for many Denver Broncos fans. They're the first to arrive at Sports Authority Field and the last to leave.
For those of you who may be new to the parking lot party, here are nine rules for tailgating:
- Tailgating is allowed and encouraged in all stadium parking lots.
- Your vehicle must fit in one parking spot.
- You can't block or "save" parking spots. If you want to tailgate as a group, everyone must arrive together.
- You can only tailgate directly behind your vehicle or in nearby landscaped areas.
- Barbeque grills are allowed.
- Open-flame fires are not.
- Alcohol is allowed. Kegs and glass bottles are not. You cannot bring alcohol into the stadium. Stadium officials also want to remind tailgaters the legal drinking is 21-years-old and to please drink responsibly.
- Marijuana is not allowed in any form anywhere on Sports Authority property. Under state law, you are not allowed to consume marijuana openly and publicly.
- Your party has to wrap-up 30 minutes before kickoff.
For more information on the dos and don'ts of tailgating: http://bit.ly/1kEukgk.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)