USA TODAY - We've now completed two rounds of our Ad Meter champion bracket tournament. That leaves four ads in contention as the ultimate Super Bowl ad.
Click here to review the full Round 2 bracket; Round 1 is here.
And here are the four ads you chose to be our tournament semifinalists:
- McDonald's 1993 (d. Doritos 1999)
- Budweiser 2008 (d. Bud Light 2002)
- Budweiser 2003 (d. Bud Light 2001)
- Budweiser 1999 (d. Pepsi 1996)
Notes on Round 2's results:
- After several upsets in Round 1, the Round 2 results were much more predictable, with the higher seed prevailing in three of the four matchups. Both top seeds that made it through the first round (McDonald's 1993 and Budweiser 2003) got through to the semis.
- Once again, the matchups weren't close. Even in the one "upset" (4 seed Budweiser 1999 over 2 seed Pepsi 1996), the winner got more than twice as many votes.
- Either the voters feel a fierce loyalty to Budweiser (even when pitted against its companion light beverage) or a fierce loyalty to ads starring animals - all three Bud ads that advanced to the Final Four star horses, dogs, a mix of the two, with the odd zebra thrown in.
Thanks for voting. On Wednesday, voting for our all-time champion will commence, and the winner will be announced Friday.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)