LIVE VIDEO: 9NEWS Evening Newscast    Watch
 

Resident, dog sickened by carbon monoxide in Arvada home

3:07 PM, Jan 28, 2014   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

ARVADA - A homeowner in an Arvada condominium was taken to the hospital and a dog was given oxygen after dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide were discovered inside their home. 

Arvada Fire paramedics were called to the home at 10373 West 80th Drive Tuesday afternoon for a medical call. When crews entered the home, their carbon monoxide meter alerted them to potentially dangerous levels of the gas. 

Arvada Fire says levels reached 800 parts per million. 

The resident was transported to the hospital, but is not believed to be in life-threatening condition. 

A small dog inside the home was given oxygen on scene and transported to a local veterinarian. 

Arvada Fire crews have checked neighboring units and say there levels of CO are normal in those homes. They have not yet discovered the source of the gas. 

A spokesperson for Arvada Fire says the home was equipped with a carbon monoxide detector, but the batteries had been removed. 
 



(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Most Watched Videos