KUSA - We know that the whole City of Denver is "United in Orange" as the Denver Broncos prepare to face off against the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday.
UNITED IN ORANGE: Super Bowl XLVIII Special Coverage from 9NEWS - Home of the Broncos
Jorge de la Torre with Johnson & Wales University visited 9NEWS to show some delicious orange foods people can make for their Super Bowl parties.
- 1 bag frozen sweet potato Tater Tots
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock/li>
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch/li>
- 1 tablespoon water/li>
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite wings hot sauce (Frank's red hot)/li>
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper/li>
- 1 cup cheese curds/li>
- 1/4 cup Bleu cheese dressing/li>
- 1 lb cooked bacon crumbled/li>
- Prepare your tater tots accordingly.
- Pour the chicken stock or broth in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and the water to create a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the stock and bring back to a boil. Reduce the gravy by half and season with the pepper and hot sauce.
- Place the tater tots in a casserole dish, top with cheese curds, bacon and pour the gravy over.
- Drizzle with Bleu Cheese dressing and serve immediately.
- 1 1/2 oz tequila
- 3 ozs margarita mix
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 4 ozs ice
- 1 tbsp blue Curacao
Put all ingredients except blue Curacao in blender and mix until slushy. Pour into glass and float with the blue Curacao.
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted, soft
- Powdered sugar
- Place 1 cup white chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine heavy cream and corn syrup. Over medium-high heat, cook while stirring the mixture continuously until it comes to a rolling boil. Pour directly over chocolate and let sit for two minutes. Slowly stir ingredients together with a whisk, until fully incorporated. Once the ganache cools down to about body temperature, add butter and stir well. Let ganache sit until it is firm enough to scoop.
- Scoop ganache with teaspoon and place on sheet.
- Cover your hands with powdered sugar gloves and roll the ganache into smooth, round balls. Return each ball onto the parchment paper.
- Take truffles and toss in orange and blue sprinkles.
Mango habanero salsa with blue corn tortilla chips
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tomatoes, cored
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange habanero chile
- 1 green chile
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4" cubes
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Put all items into a food processor; process until finely chopped. Adjust seasoning and serve with blue corn chips.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)