WESTMINSTER - The quick thinking of a neighbor likely kept an early morning fire in a Westminster townhome from spreading Sunday.
That neighbor was the first one to call 911 after seeing flames coming from the roof and chimney of a unit on West 97th Avenue, just east of Lowell Street.
Firefighters kept the fire to the chimney and roof.
And while no official cause has been determined, crews say the fire was likely related to the fireplace that was being used.
Two people have been temporarily displaced. No one was hurt.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)