USA TODAY - Before the Super Bowl can kick off, the most important sporting event in the history of the world must happen. That's right, Puppy Bowl.
Sunday's Puppy Bowl X featured several adorable, adoptable puppies, some hamsters, a few penguin cheerleaders, and cats looking down on everyone from an owner's box. Let's check in on the highlights:
* The puppies were "trained" on the front lawn of the White House, led by First Dogs Bo and Sunny, and Puppy Bowl was given a warm welcome by First Lady Michelle Obama.
* The famous Keyboard Cat's halftime show was a nod to the music of Bruno Mars, the halftime act for the real Super Bowl.
* Echoing last year's Super Bowl, the lights "went out" during the third quarter of the Puppy Bowl To restore the power, hamsters ran in their wheels.
* Shyla, a Great Pyrenees, kicked the first field goal in Puppy Bowl history, by edging the ball over the goal line with her giant paws.
* Loren, a Brittany, made a play for the most valuable puppy award by scoring four times and making some big defensive stops on Lily, the basset hound.
* Rudy, the tiny terrier who made it to every practice, finally made it in the game in the final minute.
(Copyright © 2014 USA TODAY)