KUSA - Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching and ladies everywhere are dreading the idea of having to spend the holiday alone. Ladies, fear not. It's time to savor the moment and truly enjoy the holiday for what it's worth.
Here are five creative and easy Pinterest inspired DIY tricks you can use to spice up your night and turn an ordinary evening into a spunky Valentine's affair with the girls.
Sweetheart Inspired DIY Floral Centerpiece
A great, cheap and easy way to decorate your dining table is to infuse fresh flowers with the famous heart-shaped candies that every girl loves. The fresh flowers will add a bright touch to your home not to mention a beautiful refreshing aroma.
For this project you will simply need to add fresh flowers, preferably tulips, into a clear vase or bowl.
Finish the look by filling the vase with colorful sweetheart shaped candies.
Don't underestimate the simpleness of this project...this is a look that will get everyone talking!
Blushing Geisha Cocktail
If you are looking for light and flirty cocktail, to greet your besties with, this is the perfect V-Day inspired drink. It's light on alcohol but makes up for it in sweetness and flavor.
1. 2 oz TY KU liqueur
2. 1 oz pomegranate juice
3. 2 oz Sence rose nectar
4. Lime wedge for garnish
1. Pour ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice.
2. Stir well.
3. Strain into a stemmed glass.
4. Feel free to mix in a few raspberries for flavor.
5. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Rich cheese, warm bread and zesty tomato sauce...yes please! What better way to fill your guest's tummies, while saving some bank, than with a savory heart-shaped pizza? It seems pretty simple, but this is a great option for people who like their food customized and just the way they want it.
1. Frozen pre-made pizza dough
2. Tomato sauce and toppings of your choice: mushrooms, pepperoni, green peppers, red onion, and shredded cheese of your choice- preferred mozzarella.
1. Place flour on a clean surface for rolling the dough.
2. Add small amount of flour on the dough. Knead the dough. Please follow the instructions on your purchased dough for the length of kneading time.
3. Roll the dough into a circle.
4. Create the heart shape. Cinch in the middle of the top of the circle to start forming the top of the heart. Elongate the bottom of the circle to form a pointed end for the bottom of the heart.
5. Spread sauce on the pizza.
6. Add your favorite toppings.
7. Bake in the oven at 500 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. Timings may vary.
Homemade Tea and Cucumber Peel
Why not include a few DIY spa activities into your V-Day ladies night?! There's nothing like getting beautified and giving your skin a healthy and youthful boost.
This homemade recipe is a great way to bond with your girlies, plus it's affordable and easy to whip up! The best part you might ask....you're more than likely to find these ingredients right in the comfort of your kitchen cabinet!
1. 1 small, peeled, and seeded cucumber
2. 1 oz. of aloe Vera gel
3. 2 oz. of green tea
4. 2 oz. of chamomile tea
5. 1 tbs. of gelatin
1. Begin by mashing up the cucumber and straining all juices. After juices are strained from cucumber the pulp can be discarded. Set the juice aside so that you can add to the mixture in a few moments.
2. Now heat both of the teas. Add the gelatin and reheat as necessary. Add the cucumber juice and Aloe Vera gel.
3. Let cool off for about 25-30 minutes and apply to the face. When mask is completely dry, just peel off. You are fresh and beautified!
Red Velvet Brownie Bars
Because every girl needs chocolate ...
1. 1 Box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
2. 1 egg
3. 1 stick of butter, softened
4. 1 tablespoon of vanilla
5. 1 1/2 cup of Valentine M & M'S
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line an 11 3/4" x 7 3/4" baking pan with foil and spray with your choice of cooking spray.
3. Mix cake mix, egg, butter and vanilla until fully blended.
4. Fold in half of the M & M'S.
5. Press batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining M & M'S, pressing them into the batter.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to completely cool before cutting into bars.
These are just a few DIY Valentine's inspired tips you can use for your own ladies dinner party. For more helpful and creative suggestions check out our 9NEWS Pinterest board: http://www.pinterest.com/9news/diy-tricks-to-hosting-ladies-valentines-day-dinner/.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)