USA TODAY - Your favorite political thriller is back with a vengeance, as Netflix's House of Cards returns for a second season Friday, with 13 episodes available to stream all at once.
1. After being passed over for secretary of State at the start of the first season, Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) was offered the vice presidency in the finale. With revenge and ambition driving his every Machiavellian move, there's no telling where he's headed next. Well, probably a quest to be president.
2. Claire Underwood (Robin Wright) was sued by her (pregnant) former employee for wrongful termination. There's bound to be some kind of emotional - and monetary - leverage she can clean her hands with.
3. Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara), along with two other journalists, figured out the conspiracy that explained the death of Peter Russo (Corey Stoll). Can Frank keep Zoe quiet?
4. Shakespearean asides are common on this show, so don't get too freaked out when Kevin Spacey is staring directly at you. Take it as a compliment.
5. This show probably won't come back for another year, so you may want to pace yourself (if you think you can). And if you do, you're going to want to avoid social media, well, forever.
And if that's not enough, here's Season 1 in four minutes:
(Copyright © 2014 USA TODAY)