KUSA - It was a long weekend with an unwanted inconvenience for some people in Denver. Sunday night they learned there's asbestos in their apartment building, and were told they had just a few hours to leave.
It happened at the Overlook At Mile High, near Colfax and Irving.
Management says about 70 people are being impacted and put up in hotels. They may not be able to return for three weeks.
"We're going to be living out of a suitcase for three weeks. It's kind of a hassle," resident Brianne Woods said.
The apartment complex found the asbestos when they were removing hallway carpet from two buildings. Management says it is paying for hotel costs and a daily stipend for residents' food.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)