DENVER - This Spring weekend is filled with both indoor and outdoor events and parking will be at a premium. This is your official 9News parking guide to help you plan your weekend and lower the stress of finding that coveted, close, parking spot.
The following events will take place this weekend:
- Friday 6 p.m.: 1st Friday ArtWalk at Denver Art Society. Santa Fe will buzz with art lovers at this popular artistic event. Parking along Santa Fe side streets will be crowded after 5 p.m.
- Friday 7:30 p.m.: An Evening with Bela Fleck at the Boettcher Concert Hall. Expect guests to start arriving around 6 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m.: The Furry Scurry Washington Park, located at 1000 S. Downing St. in Denver. Parking is available on the streets surrounding the park, but there is no parking on Franklin Street. There is also parking at South High School, St. John's Lutheran Church and Epiphany Lutheran Church.
- Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Star Wars at the Hangar at Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum. Wookies and Storm Troopers will flood the Lowry neighborhood throughout the day. Parking will be available at the museum.
- Saturday 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.: The Denver Derby Party is located at the Denver Performing Arts Complex in Downtown Denver. There will be a large, grassy outdoor area and several indoor spaces as well. The Performing Arts Center complex, downtown private lots and street parking will be available, all at a cost.
- Saturday 7 p.m.: Colorado Rapids vs Toronto FC at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. We expect to see additional traffic through Commerce City starting around 5pm.
If you have an event you'd like me to add to the list, please send me an email at email@example.com!
(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)