Gas leak sends 31 Colorado students to the hospital

2:51 PM, May 13, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

DURANGO - Thirty one students from Ignacio Junior High School were taken to local hospitals after a gas leak at the school Monday morning, The Durango Herald reports.

Students complained of headaches and nausea. Their conditions are not known.

The source of the gas leak was traced back to a plugged collection tank underneath an 8th grade science classroom.

Classes resumed for all other students.

Ignacio is about 20 miles southeast of Durango.

(KUSA-TV © 2013 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Most Watched Videos