- Quintcareers.com - Quintessential Careers offers both career and college advise. The site has a wide variety of services such as resumes and cover letter help, interviewing and social-networking tips, and career tests and quizzes. They also publish a free monthly newsletter with the latest career and job hunting updates.
- Onetonline.org - O*NET, short for Occupational Informational Network, is a resource center sponsored by the US Department of Labor. Sollars' favorite tool here is the career descriptions section. If you are unsure what to put on a resume for your non-traditional job, this section helps you realize what skills you have utilized. It is free to the public. The site includes a database of more than 900 occupations for people to explore and find one that suits them.
- Viasurvey.org - This is the website of the VIA Institute on Character. The site offers a free survey that measures personality strengths. The surveys were scientifically developed and there are separate ones for adults and youth. The full survey takes about 30 to 40 minutes, but it can be done in more than one sitting. The results can direct you toward a career that matches your personality.
- Linkedin.com - This social-networking site is unique because it is career based. LinkedIn allows colleagues to keep in touch and helps job hunters discover inside connections and seek expert advice. Signing up and creating a profile is simple, fast and free way to benefit your career.
- AndrewHudsonsJobList.com - Andrew Hudson's Job List was created in 2008 by a Denver native. The site lists more than 2,000 jobs and internships a year, all of which are in the Rocky Mountain region. This job list is useful for people seeking employment in the fields of public relations, marketing, advertising, graphics, copywriting, human resources, and nonprofit organizations. Subscribers can also promote themselves by posting a 300 word profile about their qualifications and desired positions.
- Vistaprint.com - Vistaprint sells a wide variety of personalized business products. Job hunters can order 250 basic business cards for free on this site, and there are 42 full-color designs to choose from. Premium business cards are also available at a low cost.
- Canpo.org - Members of the Colorado Nonprofit Association have access to job and internship boards of positions in the nonprofit industry. There is also a resume board where members can post their resumes to be viewed by nonprofit employers. The membership costs individuals $100, but students can become members for $35.
(KUSA-TV © 2011 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)